Written by Diane Wiessinger, Diana West, Teresa Pitman
Now their classic bestselling guide has been retooled, refocused, and updated for today’s mothers and lifestyles. Working mothers, stay-at-home moms, single moms, and mothers of multiples will all benefit from the book’s range of nursing advice, stories, and information—from preparing for breastfeeding during pregnancy to feeding cues, from nursing positions to expressing and storing breast milk. With all-new photos and illustrations, this ultimate support bible offers:
- Real-mom wisdom on breastfeeding comfortably—from avoiding sore nipples to simply enjoying the amazing bonding experience
- New insights into old approaches toward latching and attaching, ages and stages, and answers to the most-asked questions
- Strategies for moms who choose to breastfeed for a short time or who plan to nurse for a year or more
- Reassuring information on nursing after a C-section or delivery complications
- Recent scientific data that highlight the many lifelong health benefits of breastfeeding
- Helpful tips for building your support network—at home or when back at work
- Nursing special-needs infants, premies, multiples, and how to thrive no matter what curveball life throws
- Guidance on breast health issues, weight gain, day care, colic, postpartum depression, food allergies, and medications
Plus—Internet references for further information, including La Leche League support sites and groups.
Mothers bringing babies into a new world want sustainable, healthy, positive ways to help their children blossom and thrive. There is no better beginning for your baby than the womanly art of breastfeeding.
You may also download a tear-sheet toolkit at LLL's website: http://www.llli.org/toolkit
About the Author
La Leche League International is the most trusted name in breastfeeding information, support, and advocacy. Founded in 1956 by seven intrepid women, La Leche League now has more than 7,000 accredited leaders in sixty-eight countries, and offers phone, online, and in-person consultation to breastfeeding mothers.
We also carry other titles from LLL:
Publisher: Ballantine Books
Size: 23x15.5x3 cm
Publication date: 2010/7/13